Oh, Louisiana.



014; Fleeting thoughts.
Thursday 16 May 2013 | 13:51 | 0 voices
I must admit, I am terrified of my being. I am not an emotional person but when I do get emotional, the intensity of these feelings overwhelm me all too easily. Imagine a beach with rocks and boulders rich with mineral salts. The ever-shifting tides of the sea represent the depth of my emotions and those boulders are the steady, seemingly infallible wealth of logic. These two bodies give and take- mineral salts from the rocks into the sea, vice versa. They coexist harmoniously; life is peaceful. One day, an unpredictable shift in the plates causes an earthquake underwater. A tsunami happens. That is what happens to me. Logic gets swept away, my feelings take over, I feel so much it bursts out of my control and slips itself into my limbs. I am both water and earth it confuses me daily. I love stability, I love knowing that the good things in life have meant to stay. I enjoy feeling safe, I enjoy being a lighthouse for all the people around me to seek some solace in. Yet I am also the boat who travels with the tides, the ship that never wants to be anchored , water that flows everywhere and anywhere, changing and shifting in shapes that cannot be easily fathomed. Some say I am an open book, others say that I am unpredictable. What makes people stay also drives them away. What drove them away will eventually lure them back. So who do I keep? Do I take these wanderers back? What if I suffocate the ones that chose to stay with me? I cannot calculate my feelings because they cannot be quantified or measured. I look to the future and dream of the directions but I take my lessons from the past. 
I'm such an intense soul, who would weather through the storms in me?

Labels: ,


OLD | NEW

Follow me/Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/ Layout/Colors