Oh, Louisiana.



026; Loveliness.
Monday 3 June 2013 | 10:24 | 0 voices

Yesterday, I met the most adorable baby alive while working behind the reservation counter. She was perched high on her father's right arm, surveying the tables of books around her. I was not serving anybody so I watched her for a while. She must have noticed something odd because she turned her lovely face to look back at me. Time must have stopped or slowed because I do not remember either of us blinking as we locked eyes. She had the sweetest face I have ever seen. After a long while, her lips broke into the slowest, shyest smile. I felt my face flush deeply and my heart must have stopped a little from the lack of blood in the heart chamber. I must have fallen in love. I only blush when faced with objects/people that incite love from me. It was not the softness of her blond curls, not the bright blue in her sweet eyes. I saw the loveliness in her heart that shone through. Even when her father turned to head for the cashier, she kept smiling at me while peering at me over his shoulder.I could hardly explain it. I was so red my colleague asked if I was okay.

To you, little one.
I pray that you would grow up to be a beautiful girl, with a beautiful heart and soul.
The thought of you experiencing pain from the world around you actually pains me.
I hope that you would never get hurt, pray that you would be strong enough to still emerge from hardship and still be kind. I hardly meet anyone with whom I could experience at first sight such tenderness and love...
If we ever meet again, I would dote on you so much. Even if we are strangers. Even if this cannot be explained, even if it doesn't make sense to you.
Stay safe, sweet one.

Labels: ,


OLD | NEW

Follow me/Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/ Layout/Colors